You can't underestimate the importance of injury prevention for Elite Athletes and novices. Combining physical, mental and injury prevention is essential to their success. All athletes want to be at the top of their game but why is it that some burnout whist others soar to the top?? The answer is simple - those at the top of their game don't fall into the Overtraining/Under recovering game!!! How many times in the past have you heard coaches push you to train harder with a "no pain no gain" attitude? Thankfully these old school methods are becoming less as more and more coaches understand the importance of training smart..
Are you in increased pain post training
If the answer is yes, you need to ask yourself the following questions
- What are you doing to help yourself recover in between your training sessions?
- Do you train at high intensity and then repeat repeat repeat with no recovery session in between?
- Are you giving yourself enough rest?
- Are you eating to support your training?
If you are under recovered,
- you will not be able to train to your full potential
- You may be more susceptible to injury
- You will be under performing
It is essential that we do not train to our maximum day in day out if we are looking to improve our performance and stay pain free.
Take at least one day a week and Relax!!!
And finally , a quick plug for my upcoming workshop for karate folk and everyone else!!!If you are interested in learning more about what you can do to help yourself stay injury free, checkout my mini workshop below